Saturday, January 21, 2012

expect the unexpected


They say to always "Expect the Unexpected". The problem is, one doesn't think to do something such as that when things seem to be falling into place. Well if you have ever been like me and the unexpected did not even enter your mind because the stars seemed to have aligned perfectly for you...and then unexpected did happen to occur, you were probably as shocked as I was. 

Yes, unfortunately I am here to say that I am no longer moving to Tokyo to dance at Disneyland. Ten days before I was scheduled to embark on my journey to my new home for 9 months, I received an email from Tokyo Disney explaining they had changed their mind and were terminating my contract. I was devastated by this unexpected news that according to "them" I should have expected. 

Well, I know that everything happens for a reason and that the Lord works in mysterious ways so although it seems tragic at this point in my life, I know in the future I will recognize it as a blessing. I know there must be something better coming (hopefully Justin Bieber's tour ;] !!!!) and I am excited and motivated more than ever to make it happen. And now, I won't have to leave my friends and move to a foreign place where I despise their food :)

Expect the Unexpected, or don't. But if you do expect the unexpected then it will no longer be unexpected and turn into the expected. So really the expected will turn into the unexpected and everything will just turn into this never ending cycle of crazy. 

All in all, life is good.
It has it's twist & turns but there is no chance or use in trying to predict it. 
Take it as it is and enjoy every moment.

here's a funny picture I found related to the topic